Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The NBA is BACK!!!




The NBA season has tipped off, which means there will be tons of Miami Heat and Los Angles Lakers fans commenting calling everybody who didn't jump on the bandwagon with them "haters".  I predict there will be a lot of new Brooklyn Nets fans this season also (mostly people who will jump off the OKC Bandwagon until Russell Westbrook is fully healthy and then once they realize Brooklyn is awful will jump back on)

Some people may even call me a "hater" that's fine, but if you would like to hear "The Truth" (sorry Paul Pierce I'm not talking about you.  You haven't been relevant in 5 years) you can read on............


I am a basketball fan.  I have been since I can remember.  The Dallas Mavericks have always been my team and always will be my team.  People call me a hater a lot of times because I don't cheer for the same player they like.  No, I will not cheer for anyone other than the Dallas Mavericks.  But if you want to know my true opinion about a player, here it is:



                              10 Players I love to hate


10. LeBron James

LeBron is the BEST player in the NBA right now.  His size and strength make it so that nobody in the league could even pretend to guard him.  It's unfair that he is compared to MJ so much that people are missing out on the greatness that he is.  I compare him more to Wilt Chamberlain.  Not in style of play, but in the fact that not 1 person in the league can shut him down.  If he wanted to, he could go out and score 40 points a night.  But there are 2 reasons why he will never be the GREATEST to ever play. 
#1 MJ.... Don't even try and compare the 2, it's not even close
#2 Miami.... In 2010 when LeBron "took his talents to South Beach" he also showed me why he will never be the greatest of all time.  LeBron was tired of losing in Cleveland, he saw an oppertunity to join up with 2 other SuperStars in Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh and win Not 1, Not 2, Not.. Well you get the point.  I can't fault the guy for wanting to win, but he confirmed then an there that he did not feel he could do it alone.  DWade was a free agent and so was Bosh.  LeBron could have said, "Guys, take a paycut and come play with me in Cleveland  and win some championships" instead, he ran down to Miami and took a backseat to Dwayne Wade that first season. 

9. Tim Duncan

BEST Power Forward to ever play the game! Yes greater than Karl Malone and Dirk.  But he plays for the much hated Spurs and I will never like him.





8. Kevin Durant

He's a scoring machine that should be faster and stronger, but when you can shoot like he can those things just don't matter as much.  He is still weak on D, but no doubt 3rd best player in the league. 











7.) James Harden

Please let this guy do something before he is crowned the next biggest thing.  He scored 25ppg last season on a Rockets team that finished 8th in the west.  His FG % was down almost 6 % when he became "The Guy" in Houston.  That's a trend that I think will continue, especially now that he has D-Howard down low clogging up lanes for him to drive.





6.) Chris Paul

What about this guy makes people think he is a championship caliber player? When was the last time a PG led his team to a championship? Isaiah Thomas with Detroit in 1990? I've watched a lot of Isaiah Thomas and Chris Paul is not Zeke. 






5.) Dwight Howard

I loved this guy when he came into the league, but he has been a giant dissapointment for me ever since.  I love watching big men play basketball, I mean I grew up in the 80's and 90's and that's who dominated the game.  This year is going to be huge for him, if Hakeem can't get him right offensively down in Houston, he is a lost cause.  There is nothing wrong with being the best defensive center in the game, but if his offensive game doesn't change, Houston is in trouble because they will not have a go to guy in the closing minutes.





4.) Russell Westbrook

So much talent but man does he hurt the Thunder when he takes shots.  He has never missed a game in his NBA career until this season and hopefully he comes back at full speed, because he is already a horrible shooter, if it takes him too long to get into rhythm the Thunder could be looking at the 5-8 spots in the West this season.  He could be the best PG in the league if he just drove and dished.  If he would quit taking so many jump shots and just use his blazing speed to attack the rim and if he draws a double find the open man because OKC is primed with shooters on the outside. He doesn't have to be one of them.

3.) Carmelo Anthony

Just like LeBron, he is a mismatch for everyone in the league.  He may be the 2nd most intimidating force behind LBJ in the NBA, but his inability to play defense and lock down the best player on the other team makes it tough to win.  Sad that someone with all that offensive ability allows more points per game to his opponents than the Dallas Cowboys secondary.





2.) Deron Williams

Best all around PG in the NBA.  He can shoot, he can drive, he can pass, he can defend, but he can also be a headache in the locker room.  He is going to have a lot of pressure on him this season with people thinking that Brooklyn has formed some "Super Team".  But if you ask me, they are still only the 4th or 5th best team in the East.  They are too old and Joe Johnson is not a legit option as a Robin to Deron.  On paper that starting 5 looks pretty good.

Brooke Lopez (Injury Prone)
Kevin Garnett (37 years old and has started missing more games every year)
Paul Pierce  (36 years old and FG % has dropped off almost 8 percent in the last 3 years)
Joe Johnson (Dropped off when he was brought in last year to be "The guy")
Deron Williams

But what's behind these guys is pretty scarry

1.) Kobe Bryant

I'll start this off by saying Kobe is the best pure basketball player in the game. There is nobody I would be in more fear of taking the final shot if I were on the opposing team, and nobody I would want more taking the final shot if he were on my team.  He is the closest thing to Jordan we will ever see.  He has the killer instinct that so many players are missing today.  Kobe is one of the only players now that I think could have succeeded in all decades of the NBA.  But he just has one of those faces that I can't help but hate when I look at and he wears Purple and Gold.  He's demanded trades, he's been accused of Rape, and he has been the leader on a team full of punks. (See 2010-2011 L.A. Lakers)










No comments:

Post a Comment